Monday 15 August 2011

Lamyong Mini Steaks.


Small bite size pieces of soy patties marinated with a sweet and spicy sauce. Add to stir fries or simply add pineapple and serve on a bed of rice.
Whenever I find a packet of food that is vegan I instantly want to try it. This isn’t necessarily a good thing. I found this out with Lamyong Mushroom Chunks, which admittedly I didn’t taste, just opened the bag, thought they smelt like dog food and chucked the pack away!
I bought this pack along with Lamyong Mini Steak from my favourite online store Vegan Online.
Due to my unwillingness to try the mushroom chunks I was really hesitant to try the mini steaks, which is why I had the pack in my pantry for about 3 or so months.
A Couple of nights ago we realised there wasn’t much in the fridge or pantry, but I did have a pack of the mini steaks, reluctantly we decided to give them a go, here's what happened:

SJ’s Lamyong Mini Steaks


I sautéed some onion and broccoli in a medium sized fry pan.
Then added some:
Sweet and sour sauce
lime juice
mirin seasoning
rice wine vinegar
1 ½ pineapple rings, cut into small pieces
and the pack of mini steaks

I cooked it gently for about 5 minutes or so, until the steaks were heated through, then thickened the sauce with some corn flour mixed with water. Cooked it for another minute or two and served it with some steamed white Basmati rice.

And guess what? It wasn’t too bad at all! A quick and easy no fuss meal with plenty of flavour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment