Sunday 1 May 2011

Welcome to my blog.

Good morning everybody :)

For my first post I wanted to share with you all a very yummy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe that I loved as a child, and last night I "veganised" them and they are disappearing very quickly! 
So here it is, enjoy :)

PS I used the oven method as it is a lot quicker, and less messy in the long run.


SJ's Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 125g vegan margarine
  • ½ cup raw sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar/coconut palm sugar
  • Equivalent of 1 egg, No-Egg, egg re-placer, such as Orgran brand
  • ½ tsp Dutch spice or mixed spice (cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg)
  • 1 cup plain flour, you could use plain wholemeal flour
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 ½ cups rolled oats, NOT microwave quick oats

Microwave Method:
  1. Cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy, add egg re-placer and mix well.
  2. Fold in remaining ingredients.
  3. Place teaspoons of mixture onto large greased microwave safe plate (about 6 at a time). Cook on med high for 1 ¼ - 1 ½ minutes depending on microwave.
  4. Allow to cool slightly on plate before removing onto cooling rack.
  5. Repeat process until all mixture is cooked.

Oven Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 170oC.
  2. Cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy, add egg re-placer and mix well.
  3. Fold in remaining ingredients.
  4. Grease a baking tray with a thin layer of cooking spray.
  5. Roll teaspoons or so of mixture into balls, and squish slightly in your palms, place on tray, ensure there is plenty of room for the cookies to spread.
  6. Bake for about 12 minutes, depending on size, I make them about a dessert spoon size.
  7. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes prior to transferring onto a wire cooling rack.
  8. ENJOY, a glass of soy milk helps cut down the sweetness (:

5 comments:

  1. Hey mate these sound deliscious!!!! Maybe I'll try and Gluten freeify them too so I can eat them. Looking forward to more yummy recipes soon! XOX bones

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound awesome Bones :) let me know how it goes.
    As I get better at all of this I will strat do GF as well, infact watch out for my
    Creamy Mushroom Pasta coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah welcome to blogging.
    I look forward to your recipes and blogs.
    I find blogging lots of fun and a very positive community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris, I'm already in love and addicted,and planing future posts.
    I'm so glad I started this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these cookies again yesterday with wholemeal flour and they were perfectly scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete