Tuesday 20 September 2011

Peasant Dinner.

Well it might look like something the dog threw up, but last nights (and tonight's) dinner was great!


I've been eating a lot of crap lately, namely processed Asian-style seitan which I totally made myself sick on, literally!
Recently I got a copy of "Appetite For Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowvitz, along with a few other of her books. I figured after a seitan OD it was time to get back to some healthy vegan basics and so I picked up my copy of AfR and put together 2 recipes. On page 117 is Upside-Down Lentil Shepherd's Pie (GF), which I just made as a Lentil Stew (with some variations which I will probably post one day) which I served with Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits (Sweet Potato Scones, which would be a great savoury snack) from page 253.

It was so yummy, wholesome, healthy and filling, even non-veg hubby really liked it, especially the scones, he ate 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment