Wednesday 14 March 2012

My First S'mores.

So because I'm not American S'mores aren't something that I have ever eaten, except for in the form of imported Pop Tarts in my previous non-vegan life.
In my recent trip to Melbourne I decided to stock up on Dandies Marshmallows, for two reasons: 
  1. 'Cause I could.
  2. 'Cause I thought I would like to try these American camping snacks.
Tonight was just the kind of night that I thought I would like to indulge in such gooey, sugary treats, even though desserts are not something I tend to consume, so I got out my little toaster oven and away I went!

S'mores
Ingredients:
  • Digestive biscuits
  • Dandies marshmallows
  • Lindt 70% dark chocolate
Method:
  1. Get as many biscuits as required depending on how many everybody wants e.g. there are 2 of us so I used 8 biscuits. However, Carl only ate one S'more, I ate two and there is still one left over, not sure I can do anything with that.......
    Anyway grab your biscuits.
  2. Put a few dandies on biscuits, I probably used to many, but do what feels right :-P
  3. Heat under the grill, or the top element of a toaster oven, whatever ya got. Heat until melty and gooey and a little browned.
  4. Put a square of chocolate in the middle of the melted marshmallows, leave under the heat until it melts a bit.
  5. Get them out from the cooking device and squish another biscuit on top. And there you have it, S'mores.
WARNING TIME: In case you have never cooked before, or if your of the raw food persuasion,  which is totally cool (no pun intended, I swear!!), then you will have to know that this comes out EFFING HOT!!!!! So watch your fingers and your tongue, be warned!!!

The verdict? Wow, cool, using dark chocolate was good as I wouldn't want an overly sugary chocolate for this, but it was the first time I had had dark chocolate in quite some time, so it was a bit bitey.
So much fun though and I think I will be satisfied for quite some time!!

Enjoy the rest of your week
SJ (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment