In my recent trip to Melbourne I decided to stock up on Dandies Marshmallows, for two reasons:
- 'Cause I could.
- 'Cause I thought I would like to try these American camping snacks.
Tonight was just the kind of night that I thought I would like to indulge in such gooey, sugary treats, even though desserts are not something I tend to consume, so I got out my little toaster oven and away I went!
- Digestive biscuits
- Dandies marshmallows
- Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- Get as many biscuits as required depending on how many everybody wants e.g. there are 2 of us so I used 8 biscuits. However, Carl only ate one S'more, I ate two and there is still one left over, not sure I can do anything with that.......
Anyway grab your biscuits.
- Put a few dandies on biscuits, I probably used to many, but do what feels right :-P
- Heat under the grill, or the top element of a toaster oven, whatever ya got. Heat until melty and gooey and a little browned.
- Put a square of chocolate in the middle of the melted marshmallows, leave under the heat until it melts a bit.
- Get them out from the cooking device and squish another biscuit on top. And there you have it, S'mores.
The verdict? Wow, cool, using dark chocolate was good as I wouldn't want an overly sugary chocolate for this, but it was the first time I had had dark chocolate in quite some time, so it was a bit bitey.
So much fun though and I think I will be satisfied for quite some time!!
Enjoy the rest of your week