Friday 14 November 2014

ChocNana Bliss Balls

I got a new food processor today and I am stoked, it means I can finally make all sorts of awesome new treaties! Its first job: bliss balls. 
I have found various recipes that I like on the intertubes, but I decided to wing it today, not something I normally do when I haven't ever made something before. So I came up with ChocNana Bliss Balls. I realise banana might be a little odd, and you can totally leave it out if you want, but I had it lying around after my little dude decided he wanted one and then promptly decided that actually he didn't! *facepalm* So I just whacked it in too. 

SJ's ChocNana Bliss Balls


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of pitted dates (mine were pretty dry, so I soaked them in boiling water for about 2 minutes)
  • 1 C rolled oats
  • 1 C raw nuts, I used cashews, but whatever you want
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 C coconut, I used moist flakes, plus extra coconut for rolling, I used dedicated. 
  • 2 Tbs vanilla protein powder, optional
  • 1/4 C cocoa

Method:
  1. In food processor roughly chop the nuts and oats.
  2. Add and chop the dates, banana and coconut. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
  3. Add protein powder and cocoa. Mix until everything form together in the bowl.
  4. Scoop out tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the extra coconut or you could use extra cocoa or chopped nuts.
  5. Place balls in an airtight container and leave to firm up in the fridge for one hot before eating. Store in airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. 


For a GF option take out the oats (or use GF oats) and use extra nuts.  

I popped the recipe into My Fittness Pal and here is an approximate nutritional analysis from the mix. My mix made 17 balls. 

Approximate nutritional value per ball based on 17 balls.


No comments:

Post a Comment