I have found various recipes that I like on the intertubes, but I decided to wing it today, not something I normally do when I haven't ever made something before. So I came up with ChocNana Bliss Balls. I realise banana might be a little odd, and you can totally leave it out if you want, but I had it lying around after my little dude decided he wanted one and then promptly decided that actually he didn't! *facepalm* So I just whacked it in too.
SJ's ChocNana Bliss Balls
- 2 cups of pitted dates (mine were pretty dry, so I soaked them in boiling water for about 2 minutes)
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 C raw nuts, I used cashews, but whatever you want
- 1 banana
- 1/2 C coconut, I used moist flakes, plus extra coconut for rolling, I used dedicated.
- 2 Tbs vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1/4 C cocoa
- In food processor roughly chop the nuts and oats.
- Add and chop the dates, banana and coconut. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
- Add protein powder and cocoa. Mix until everything form together in the bowl.
- Scoop out tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in the extra coconut or you could use extra cocoa or chopped nuts.
- Place balls in an airtight container and leave to firm up in the fridge for one hot before eating. Store in airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
For a GF option take out the oats (or use GF oats) and use extra nuts.
I popped the recipe into My Fittness Pal and here is an approximate nutritional analysis from the mix. My mix made 17 balls.
|Approximate nutritional value per ball based on 17 balls.|