Friday 5 December 2014

Hummus

I have never really been a hummus fan and I realised on Monday, after having some totes amazeballs hummus, that's because I'd only ever had shitty store bought stuff. The hummus I had on Monday came from a gourmet deli (Alps and Amici I think, for those in Launceston) and it was just so good that I wanted to eat the lot! I was asked if I had ever made it. I hadn't because I didn't think I'd like it, but upon realising I had all the ingredients in my pantry I figured why not?!

So here is my hummus recipe. I hope you like it :) It may not be quite as good as Alps and Amici, but I think it is pretty damn good! ;)



Ingredients:
  • One can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
  • Juice of 1/2-1 lemon
  • Salt to taste, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon
  • A couple of flags of olive oil
  • Shake of paprika (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon of tahini
  • 1-2 small cloves of garlic

Method:
  1. Put garlic, chickpeas, juice of half a lemon, one good glug of oil, tahini, salt and paprika in bowl of food processor, whizz until everything sticks to the side of the bowl. 
  2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whizz again to get it smooth. Keep scraping and whizzing as required. 
  3. Add extra oil, lemon juice, salt or even garlic as required or to taste. 
  4. Once you have the desired flavours and consistency pop the mix in a jar or other air-tight container, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a dash more paprika. 
  5. Store in the fridge or just serve and eat it straight away. I love it on bread rolls! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment