So here is my hummus recipe. I hope you like it :) It may not be quite as good as Alps and Amici, but I think it is pretty damn good! ;)
- One can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- Salt to taste, about 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon
- A couple of flags of olive oil
- Shake of paprika (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1-2 small cloves of garlic
- Put garlic, chickpeas, juice of half a lemon, one good glug of oil, tahini, salt and paprika in bowl of food processor, whizz until everything sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whizz again to get it smooth. Keep scraping and whizzing as required.
- Add extra oil, lemon juice, salt or even garlic as required or to taste.
- Once you have the desired flavours and consistency pop the mix in a jar or other air-tight container, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a dash more paprika.
- Store in the fridge or just serve and eat it straight away. I love it on bread rolls! :)