Tuesday 19 July 2011

Banana Bread.

This afternoon I have made another loaf of Isa Chandra's Banana Bread. SOOO GOOD!!!
I wanted to share the recipe with you, but with the changes I make to it, which are noted in purple. I make my changes to make it healthier and contain more fibre, I promise that it does not change the flavour at all though!
I like to pop a slice or two in the toaster for breakfast, or just slice and butter some to pop in my lunch box for morning tea.
I also love to pop a slice in the toaster and have it with a nice cup of tea for breakfast.

Wherever possible I use organic ingredients.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (I usually use muscavado, rapadura, or coconut palm sugar)
  • 1/2 cups white sugar (I use raw sugar)
  • 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
  • 2 cups (plain) flour (I use wholemeal) You could also use gluten-free all purpose flour to have a great GF treat!
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I changed this to 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Spray a 8×4 bread pan with non stick cooking spray, or lightly coat with margarine.
  2. Sift together flour (I don't do this as I use wholemeal flour), baking soda, salt and spices.
  3. [In a separate bowl] Cream together the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, soy milk and vanilla.
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well. Pour batter into pan (I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon sugar on top today as well, YUM! However, as this is quite sweet you may want to just sprinkle some extra cinnamon, 86 the sugar). Bake for an hour to an hour and ten minutes. (60-70 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment